PROFURL NEX – FLYING SAIL FURLERS
Profurl mechanisms in NEX furlers as the only ones to use bearings made from very hard 100C6 carbon steel which allow furling even under high loads (no crushing of the balls). The mechanism is mounted in a waterproof grease bath and is protected from external aggressions (salt, sand, etc.) and does not require any maintenance.
• Performance even under high loads
• Reliability and longevity of the mechanisms
NEX furlers are intended for flying light wind or heavy sails. Developed in partnership with the largest sailmakers, the NEX furlers allow you to get the best out of your sails while handling them easily and safely.
Light sails: Gennaker, Code 0, Screacher, light genoa
Heavy sails: Solent, stay sail
Seldén CX is operated with an endless furling line running over a line driver drum. The furling line is preferably led all the way back to the cock pit and Seldén offer the Double Fairlead and the Twin-Cam block for a well organized set up. A purpose made AT- cable has been developed to secure the function of the system and as the performance of top-down furling is dependant on the torsional rigidity of the AT-cable.
- Metal ”teeth” in the drum make for a good grip on the line when furling the sail.
- A wedge in the line guide separates the line from the drum when unfurling the sail and the drum spins freely.
- Sealed steel bearing in the drum and in the halyard swivel for long service life.
- Rubber fender prevents the halyard swivel from chafing the mast while hoisting the furled sail.
- CX. Spring loaded lock makes it easy to connect the thimbles to the drum and the halyard swivel.
- All structural parts are made of high-strength Duplex stainless steel. This means reduced material and low weight.
- Non-structural parts are made of impact resistant glass fibre reinforced polyamide composite.
SELDEN CX for Code Zero
The AT-cable is integrated in the luff of the sail and thimbles connect the luff to the drum and to the halyard swivel. Special cable clamps are required to fit the thimbles to the Seldén AT-cable. A dedicated halyard for Code 0 is required and 2:1 purchase is recommended to obtain the required luff tension and to reduce the load on the halyard sheave and on the line stoppers. The drum and the furling line can be permanently mounted to the bow and along the stanchions.
SELDEN CX, for Code 0 & top-down furling of an asymmetric spinnaker/gennaker
This is an all-in-one solution for the sailor using both Code 0 and gennaker and prefers using one halyard for both applications.
A Seldén CX drum and halyard swivel for thimbles are used both for the Code 0 sail and an additional gennaker. Connect the sail suitable for the prevailing conditions to the drum and to the halyard swivel and hoist the furled sail using the Code 0 halyard. The Free Tack Adapter is permanently fitted to the tack of the asymmetric spinnaker/gennaker with the Seldén line lock. The drum and the furling line can be permanently mounted to the bow and along the stanchions.